lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev accessing the internet thru wingate

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev accessing the internet thru wingate
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:11:06 +0000 (GMT)

> currently i'm using MSIE to access the internet thru wingate server. can
> i do the same thing using LYNX to replace MSIE. TQ

As far as I know, wingate is simply a masquerading router and should be
transparent to Lynx.  Even if it is a web proxy (and arguably you should
be running a cacheing proxy on your site, although preferably Squid, not
an MS based solution, you can simply add the proxy information to your
lynx.cfg.  (I don't think it is a SOCKS proxy, which would need a rebuild
and might not be possible on your platform.  Note, Windows 95 is not the
only system in the world and Lynx is a latecomer to it.  I assume you use
it as that is normally the case for people who don't say.)