lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Complaint

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Complaint
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:58:41 -0500 (EST)

> When are you going to fix Lynx v2.8 so text tables are viewed and
>printed
> out correctly?

Lynx code changes occur when some one becomes interested enough in
solving the problem that they take on the changes.  To date, people
have taken cracks at providing table handling in lynx.

Some people have been grateful.  Others deride it.  So far, the deriders
have not provided patches to lynx to do things better.

>ntrados14.zip  has a good table viewer
>h2t151b.zip    is  a good table viewing striper (html to text)
>htmst809.zip   is  a good table viewing striper (html to text)
>
>If the striper programs can show the tables OK, why can't Lynx?

Because right now they are using different code.  Perhaps you know some
C programmer (familar the code in question and willing to become familar with
Lynx internals) to recommend for the job?
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>