lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev size_change code

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev size_change code
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:06:48 +0000 (GMT)

And on the recent subject of mislabelled MIME content, although
not charsets this time (it's not text/plain even when the unstated
Content-Transfer-Encoding is undone).....

> --gKMricLos+KVdGMg
>
> begin 644 lynx-sizechange.uu
> M4V-R:7!T('-T87)T960@;address@hidden($UA<address@hidden"`R,3HP-3HS.2`Q.3DY"EQT

Apart from the mislabelling, if UUENCODE is needed for mailer compatibility,
embedding it in an unstructured message is likely to be acceptable to
more mailers than attaching it like this.

Incidentally, if this had been a newsgroup outside the binaries
hierarchies, this would have almost certainly triggered an automatic
BINCANCEL.  Do we really want to encourage such material on this list?
The normal approach for bulky material or material that needs encoding
for other reasons, is to put it on a web or ftp site.