lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev syntax change

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev syntax change
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 00:57:18 -0500 (EST)

990301 Jacob Poon wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
>> maybe you don't touch-type: up to the number keys is a natural movement,
>> but  -  &  +  are a stretch &  +  needs shifting:
> This is true if everybody uses US (or similar) keyboard layout.  However,
> when using other keyboards (eg: Germany, Italy, Latin America),
> you do not need to hold the Shift key to access the '+' on typewriter keys.

yes, i've realised we're getting into an area with many personal variables.

> If you want to enter links quickly and frequently for navigating links,
> a better way is to put one hand on the keypad (for entering numbers),
> and another on the typewriter keys (to handle link type).

but that's not the touch-typing stance ...

> Actually, it is more of an algebraic issue than calculus one. :)

i hope i haven't misinterpreted your earlier message,
which appeared to drop support for  0+1g  (if you ever supported it).
KD's point -- that  1+g  &  1g+  can be valid simultaneously --
hopefully solves the problem for everyone: she or LE just have to do it.