lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Support for link types in HTML 4.0

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Support for link types in HTML 4.0
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:38:56 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:

> I tried Lynx 2.8.2 dev17, and it didn't recognize some link types
> listed in "6.12 Link types" of the HTML 4.0 Specification [1].
> Here's a patch for dev17 to support them.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#h-6.12

Since you are interested in the behavior of LINK tags, could you
please have a look at my patch

  <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0299/msg00874.html>

(also against dev.17).  Please ask me for a mail copy if you need
one.

Basically I am wondering whether I have classified those "Link types"
in a meaningful way ("very relative character" vs. not), and where
the new link types you added would belong.  Or whether you have any
other comments on that patch.

    Klaus