lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev --disable-gopher flag (was: bloating binaries)

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev --disable-gopher flag (was: bloating binaries)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:16:25 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
>On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 06:19:27PM -0800, address@hidden wrote:
>> >
>> > When lynx is compiled without gopher code, does attempting to go to a
>> > gopher
>> > link provide some kind of useful message [ ... ]
>>
>> No, my patch just "zeroes" the HTGopher.o module. Someone who has a
>> valid gopher URL could probably test what it does.
>
>(or even an invalid one...)

I could swear that there's a gopher site still run by Apple but I couldn't
figure the address.  (Lynx tries to connect to gopher://apple.com for a
very long time then gives up.)

However, just going to Yahoo and typing in gopher found a site describing
a HTTP and Gopher server, and on that page is a gopher link.

http://gopher.unicom.com:70/gn-info/ has the gopher link.