lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev17 clue?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev17 clue?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:54:04 +0900 (JST)

> --enable-find-leaks is not enabled by default (someone was guessing that
>   David was using a copy of Lynx which was enabled, for testing).

GUESSING is exactly the right word, because I was only going on past
experience that the symptoms he described were ones of memory exhaustion.
I noted this long before there was a --enable-find-leaks, so I did not
know that that had to be enabled for Lynx to try to free memory upon exit.

More specifically, I used to have Lynx read large (200+Kb) files, and
found that when I exited it would take 5, sometimes as much as 20 minutes
for Lynx to exit and for the command prompt to return.  Since then I
have learned to use most as a reader, so I have not experienced the problem
for a long time.

__Henry