lynx-dev

lynx-dev problem with lynx

From: Bernd Knochenhauer
Subject: lynx-dev problem with lynx
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:32:41 +0100 (MET)

Greetings,

first and foremost, I really appreciate Lynx and use it alot. IMHO it's a
nice, small and versatile alternative for browsing the web without all the
unnecessary graphics that I don't want to see anyway.

Here's the problem:

I've messed around with my system (linux 2.2.1) quite a bit and I tried to
install glibc-2.1. After realising that glibc-2.1 still has a number of
problems, I 'downgraded' my system back zo glibc-2.0.7, and now everything
works smooth again, except Lynx.

I've build Lynx from source (2.8) without any special configuration
options. Lynx compiles & builds without any problem, but it seems to have
a problem when sending a request to a http-server (from my
http.error_log):

[Sun Feb 21 14:04:07 1999] [error] Invalid URI in request GET  HTTP/1.0
                                                             ^^
AFAIK this _should_ look like "GET / HTTP/1.0". Where's the "/" ?

Of course this problems occurs when trying to recieve any URL, not only
from my local machine.

Please let me know what the problem could be.

Bernd

--
e-mail: address@hidden