lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev more cookie wackiness

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev more cookie wackiness
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:33:04 -0800

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999, address@hidden wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, brian j pardy wrote:
> >Hmm, I'd say not to worry about trying dev.17 then.  I'd just try getting
> >trace output, and I may be able to figure out from there if a fixed bug
> >or something that needs to be looked into more.
> >
> >Is this a sudden change?
>
> Yes, that's why I tend to blame it on their end first, especially since I'm
> trying to "sneak" in and they only officially support IE and Netscape.

Well, I think this is what it is.  No guarantees, but I'm pretty sure.

Beginning at line 7586 of your tracefile:

LYSetCookie called with host 'trading47.schwab.com', path '/trading/signon',
    and Set-Cookie: 'CustInfo=; domain=.schwab.com; path=/; secure,
CookieTest=YES; domain=.schwab.com; path=/; secure, SessionInfo=; domain=.
schwab.com; path=/; expires=Mon, 01-Jul-1996 01:00:00 GMT; secure'
LYmktime: Parsing 'Mon, 01-Jul-1996 01:00:00 GMT'
LYProcessSetCookie: attr=value pair: 'CookieTest=YES'

Expires in 1996.

In cookie storage code:

    /*
     *  Don't bother to add the cookie if it's already expired.
     */
    if ((co->flags & COOKIE_FLAG_EXPIRES_SET) && co->expires <= now) {
        freeCookie(co);
        co = NULL;

Netscape's cookie spec:

   expires=DATE
          The expires attribute specifies a date string that defines the
          valid life time of that cookie. Once the expiration date has
          been reached, the cookie will no longer be stored or given out.

Server's broken.

And if this works under Netscape and IE... <sigh>

--
Psychiatry enables us to correct our faults by confessing our parents'
shortcomings.