lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2dev1[345] hangs on exit

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2dev1[345] hangs on exit
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:27:06 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough Klaus Weide said:
> in _this case_, you may want to leave trace output directed to the screen,
> see -tlog, since you're eventually gonna kill lynx with ^\ and can't be
> sure a trace file will have everything flushed.

Why would going to the screen cause the buffers to be flushed when going to
a file wouldn't?

I don't see a setbuf or any of it's like affecting the logfile.  So, it
looks like to me that a buffer that doesn't get flushed when going to a
file isn't going to get flushed when going to the screen.  Similarly, if a
buffer is flushed to screen, then it would have been flushed to disk as
well.

And actually, from a cursory look, it appears that trace files going to
disk are subject to being closed and reopened (see LYReopenTracelog, though
this doesn't make sense if going to stdout.... I'm confused to say the
least).

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all