lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Patch for Ukrainian language.

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patch for Ukrainian language.
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:41:49 +0300 (MSK)

1-Feb-99 16:24 Serhii Hlodin wrote:

> I make patch for support Ukrainian language in Lynx.
> Please, include this patch in next Lynx package for fully support
> Ukrainian codepages:
>       cp866_DOSCyrillicUkrainian (modified cp886 for Ukrainian
> users. This is standart codepage in Ukraine).
>       ISO 9945-2 (see also RFC 2319)
>       koi8-u (standart Unix codepage for Ukraine. See also RFC
> 2319).

It will be included in dev16 for the convenience of Ukrainian lynx users.
I have only a strong feeling that no cp866u nor iso-9945-2 was
registered with the IANA (fix me if I am wrong) - few other products
expected to be supporting such codepages and we literally cannot implement
*every* codepage what is found around the net (IANA list is 40KB).

It would be really nice to specify a comment on cp866u table
what codepoints were actually hacked against 866
and so for koi8-u against koi8-r.
Look also the def7_uni.tbl near the string "Russian Cyrillic letters"
to check whether it is OK about 7bit approximations
with four added Ukrainian characters you are introduced in new codesets
(I am not a Ukrainian-speaking so it is for you).

Also we should add few lines into lynx.cfg, userdefs.h, src/makefile.in
and src/chrtrans/make* files for building properly on non-UNIX platforms.