lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Textarea notes

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Textarea notes
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:53:17 -0500 (EST)

From: Kim DeVaughn <address@hidden>

> It's right there at the end of your bindings.  You've set "E" to invoke
> the EDITTEXTAREA function, which is what lynx tries to do (and is why
> you no longer get the ELGOTO (edit-link-and-goto) function.

Hmm - I guess the problem is a major misunderstanding.  I took the
note saying that the function was only for the textarea to mean that
I would be able to use the key elsewhere for other functions.

Would it be possible somehow 'scope' the special keys in that way?
I would rather not see users 'stuck' with keys only being able to have
one function in one part of the program and not being able to use that
key elsewhere.

> Since you said you're somehow "out of sync" with patches, I'll email
> you a patched copy of LYMainLoop.c, which will allow you to use the
> same key that the EDIT function is bound to ("e" by default) within a
> TEXTAREA, or (additionally) bind the EDITTEXTAREA function to another
> key of your choosing (just don't choose "E" if you still expect "E" to
> invoke ELGOTO).

Thanks!
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>