lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: P(rint) removes "underlines"

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: P(rint) removes "underlines"
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:04:41 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Fri Jan 29 08:03:08 1999
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: P(rint) removes "underlines"
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 11:00:17 -0500 (EST)
> Sender: address@hidden
>
> this isn't a change - 'print' doesn't do underlines since it (like the dump
> option) just saves the text as is.

OK -- if that's so, then I have a problem.

Lots of software produces ascii files with underlines;
nroff (eg man-pages) produces such output.

So, my question:

How to get output-with-some-outlining into an ascii
file, so that "more", for instance, would show it
with underlines?

Or, suppose you had a man page from unix translated
into html.  What would you have to do to produce a
file from that that, when displayed via more, would
look just like a man page, perhaps like a file done
via:
    nroff -man foo.1 > foo.out ;  more foo.out

This is what I need to do.

On the lynx screen I see underlines just fine.

What do I have to do to produce a more-able file
via P(rint)?

THANKS!