lynx-dev

lynx-dev The order page links problem on Schwab from long ago seems to b

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev The order page links problem on Schwab from long ago seems to be gone
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:24:13 -0800 (PST)

I don't mean to clutter up this already busy list with news of something
that was *fixed*.. but in my skimming of this list, I don't remember reading
anything that would relate to this.

As it stands now..
Lynx 2.8.1rel.2 HAS the problem
Lynx 2.8.2dev.13 DOESN'T have the problem.

The problem was this -- when on the order status page for your account on
Schwab's web site, all of the links would have the *first* order's number
embedded in them, rather than the correct one.

For example, order #1's change and cancel links would properly have order #1
in the link..  But any subsequent orders would ALSO have #1 in the link.

Well, as I was starting to write up a letter to this list, I realized I was
using the system installed one rather than the one I built a while ago.
Using the one I built, the problem doesn't occur.  (This isn't quite the same
as Larry's problem, as I know I never made an alias or anything to run my
built one by default.)

Whew, now I don't have to send the HTML source describing my purchases and
sales recently!