lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: more pleas for the L-page addrs
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:56:56 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Sat Jan 16 15:13:37 1999
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:05:45 -0600 (CST)
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
>
> On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, David Combs wrote:
>
> > > From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> <snip>
> Lynx shows URLs in the LIST page when it (Lynx) doesn't have a title to
> show.
>
> But I guess I already said that.  If that doesn't answer your question,
> then maybe you should repeat and rephrase the question.
>
> The answer to the question "Is there a bug?", which admittedly you haven't
> asked in this form, is "Lynx is behaving as it's supposed to".
>
> >   About what lynx knew or didn't know, I recall (and that's all
> >    I have to go on, memory from some days ago, not now being
> >    able to reproduce the problem of the "bad" L-page),
> >    that I had NO PROBLEM actually CLICKING on the items
> >    on the page FOR WHICH the L-page was generated.
> >   Perhaps your clue, whatever it is, will give us a way
> >   to DUPLICATE that "bad" L-page?
>
> Sure.  Follow the links (what you choose to call CLICKING), then go
> back and THEN (re-)generate the LIST page.

Man, am I confused.

Are you saying that for the L-page to show actual addresses,
that you must first FOLLOW the links?

That's sure not my experience!

In fact, my main USE for the L-page is to DECIDE what
if any links I want to follow -- by looking at the
addresses (and titles if they were there too --
which unfortunately they aren't -- lynx shows only
one of them (my main complaint about the L-page (when
working as it should!))) -- eg to see if a whole
bunch of sequential are merely ....#foo addrs into the SAME
doc.

---

Please explain what you mean about having to follow the
link first, so that lynx can "know" the address.
I mean, how can lynx go somewhere unless it ALREADY
knows the address?

Confused (as usual)

David