lynx-dev

lynx-dev internal #links problem with 8+3 filename

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev internal #links problem with 8+3 filename
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:13:59 +0300 (MSK)

I found out a strange problem with documents using #fragment links
which point out to the same document - when I follow the #fragment
the document may start reloading _again_.

One particular case is the browsing HTML4.0 standards locally
via html40.zip take out version from www.w3.org,

I browse it on my DOS (8.3) machine, the file "forms.html"
have the following code:

<ol>
</ol>
</ol>
<H2><a name="h-17.1">17.1</a> Introduction to forms</h2>

Note the .html extension above: when I have 8_3_NAMES defined
I want 8+3 matching of file://localhost documents from the HText cache.
Where does the changes should be made (an appropriate place in the Lynx code)?

(I think I was seeing something similar on-line with the Linux machine
but am not sure since I have no link handy, probably it was a broken HTML
and server made a guess on .html/.htm mismatch?)