lynx-dev

lynx-dev can't customize on tv1 (GIST) account

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev can't customize on tv1 (GIST) account
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:32:45 -0800 (PST)

Remember the crash from a while ago I reported from GIST tv (tv1.com),
when trying to print out the page?  Anyway, I haven't fiddled around more
with trying to get the newest lynx to compile, but I do have
a workaround, after editing my account there with IE.  (I set my only
channels as HBO, SHOW, and PLEX, now I can get a full week of listings and
print them out without a crash.)

ANYWAY -- this is something I've noticed for a long time but I don't think I
ever mentioned it here...  I am unable to edit my account there with Lynx.

1) Log into http://www.tv1.com/tv/templates/checkuser.dpg
2) try to use the "CUSTOMIZE CHANNELS-TIMES-CATEGORIES-USER INFO" link

with IE, I'm successfully able to edit my channel info.

with Lynx, I get to a page with two links that give "NO CONTENT" responses,
and an IFRAME for an ad.