lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev mime types?

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mime types?
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 18:30:31 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, address@hidden said:

> Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 16:11:27 -0800 (PST)
>
> Where do mime types go?  The manpage (which is for 2.8.1) only has two
> references to 'mime' as far as I can tell.
>
> I tried ".mime.types", and it didn't seem to affect Lynx.  I just wanted to
> add

mime.types typically belongs to a WWW server, and goes in a directory
associated with the server.  If there is one, and you can update it,
fine; else edit the sample shipped with Lynx and install it wherever
you like.  In either case update lynx.cfg to point to the updated
mime.types.

Alas, a couple places where I've asked administrators to make mime.types
world-readable, or just to tell me where it is, I've received the answer,
"none of your business."

-- gil