lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.2dev.12d.patch.gz

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.2dev.12d.patch.gz
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 12:56:26 -0500 (EST)

> On Fri, Jan 01, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:
> |
> | > Don't forget to update the Lynx patch number and date before pushing 12d
> | > out as dev.13 .
> |
> | PRCS does that automatically.  So the actual dev.13 will get whatever
> | date I check it in.  (I may remember to update the CHANGES file though).
>
> Speaking of the CHANGES doc ... is there any significance to line items
> that begin with a + "bullet", over the majority, which begin with a *
> "bullet" ...?

no - I meant to change those to '*', for consistency with older items.
but when editing, I usually make it a '+' because vile's formatter wants
to make the '*' replicated on following lines (since the default formatting
rules assume C-style comments).

so it's just a minor (from my point of view) typo that I usually fix on
the next patch (like trimming trailing blanks).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden