lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest vers

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 06:33:35 -0500 (EST)

> Hmmm ... firstly, something seems to be rather busted with your mail s/w,
> Tom.  Your Date: header is suddenly coming across the wire (in two consec-
> utive messages) as:
>
>   Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 22:52:14 -72500 (EST)
>                                   ^^^^^^--------[should be -0500, of course]
>
> which mutt (actually, strftime()) happily interprets as Jan 03, 1999 with
> %y/%Y as the year format tokens, or as Jan 03, 1998 using %g/%G.
>
> Or is this an attempt to get a year up on the Y2K bugs ... :-) ...?

I'm mailing from elm (the sysadmins on my ISP don't know much about configuring
programs for users; there "is" a copy of mutt, but whoever "configured" it
set it up for his home directory).  I've already a lot of stuff in my shell
account, and don't want to load up things that "work".

> OTOH, the cleanup patch (made against -dev.8) had very little discussion text
> in it, and was posted within minutes of another, unrelated patch I posted,
> which *did* get picked up.  I just assumed that you got busy with other stuff
> (like Christmas shopping, or some such).

or else mail problems (iirc, we had some problems Sunday before last).

> Anyway ... no big deal for me ... especially since the reposts allowed me to
> cleanup a couple typos/nits each time ... :-) ...!
>

> Just in case you should want to look at those old postings, the headers from
> the archives are attached.

well, I got the 3rd (I'll look at the others, just to make sure I'm not
ignoring things).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden