lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Is lynx y2k compliant?

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is lynx y2k compliant?
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:33:36 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, John Russell Jamieson said:

> Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:54:03 -0500
>
> I tried to look through the archives to see what may have been said
> recently
> about lynx and y2k compliance but the URL for the archives
> (http://lynx.cc.ukans.edu/lynx-dev/index.html) could not be found.

The archives are now at:

   Linkname: lynx-dev Mailing list archives

> We have an older version of lynx installed right now (V2.3 BETA), but do

You need to upgrade, if only to get the correct link to the archives.  See:

   Linkname: Lynx2-8-1

   Linkname: http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/

> you know if lynx in general is year 2000 compliant?

   Linkname: Al's Picks from Lynx mail

   Linkname: README

  General Information  about Lynx

     * Q: Is Lynx "Year 2000 (Y2K) Compliant"?
       A: We believe Lynx works properly for the Year 2000 issues, since
       it does not store dates in 2-digit form. Since it must communicate
       with a wide range of web servers, it interprets dates in a variety
       of formats. In particular, if Lynx receives a date with a 2-digit
       year, it assumes that values less than 70 are in the range
       2000-2069.
       (quoting from the  README in the v2.8 distribution)

-- gil