lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev using EXTERNAL commands?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev using EXTERNAL commands?
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 10:22:11 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 25 Dec 1998, Mengmeng Zhang wrote:

> (these could be ftp or http links). I put the appropriate lines in my
> global lynx.cfg file, but I do not know how to invoke them. Here are the
> lines I put at the end of my lynx.cfg file:
>
> EXTERNAL:ftp:wget %s &:TRUE
> EXTERNAL:http:wget %s &:TRUE
>
> How should I invoke links so that they are downloaded in the background

The default mapping for external is the "." key. Just highlight the
link in question and type ".". You can find the information by going
to the keymap page with the "K" command (assuming that you don't have
a recent version that crashes with this command). It isn't documented
in the keystrokes page of the help menus. If you want to change it,
you should be able to do a "KEYMAP" in lynx.cfg using the keyword
"EXTERN". The original mapping is in the keymap[] array in LYKeymap.c,
if you want to change it there and recompile.
                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)