lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Can not access remote host

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Can not access remote host
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:30:49 -0500 (EST)

981223 Olaf Joerk wrote:
> I've got a problem with the compiled Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 (1998).

first, get the latest 2-8-1 release from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/
or the development version of 2-8-2 from  sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ :
they may not solve your particular problem,
but generally earlier versions are not supported by Lynx volunteers.

> Making HTTP connection to www1.lag.justiz.sachsen.de.
> HTTP: Unable to connect to remote host for
> `http://www1.lag.justiz.sachsen.de/index.html'

i get that message too, using 2-8-1rel.2 , but that's not unusual:
it means the server is down or connections fail at some point in the Internet.
do you get this for whatever external URL you try?