lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.11.gz

From: dickey
Subject: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.11.gz
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 06:40:04 -0500 (EST)

I've put a copy of this patch in my lynx patches directory:

        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/lynx/patches

because the sol.slcc.edu web server seems to be down at the moment.  (I
checked the changes in, and sol's ftp server is probably working -- but
I don't go that way often).

1998-12-24 (2.8.2dev.11)
* use HTSprintf/HTSprintf0 in about half of the WWW library files where
  applicable:  HTAABrow.c HTAAServ.c HTAAUtil.c HTAccess.c HTAnchor.c HTDOS.c
  HTFTP.c HTFWriter.c HTFile.c HTFinger.c HTFormat.c HTGopher.c - TD
* eliminate most duplicate gettext parameters, reduced the number of files
  listed in po/POTFILES.in to a size that may allow build with the Solaris
  xgettext utility - TD
* correct rule for remaking po/makefile - TD
* workaround for HPUX sed program, providing '$' anchors for ".*" expressions,
  which is redundant, but should be harmless (suggested by Jean-Yves Levesque
  <address@hidden>)
* add new help file, keystrokes/environments.html - LP
* fix HTReadProgress():  more accurate transfer rate calculation - LP
* update slang makefile.dos, and corresponding INSTALLATION notes - DK
* correct my integration of IZ's LY_CHANGE_LINK code, which resulted in an
  out-of-bounds index into revmap (reported by LP, LV) - TD
* add note about sendmail for Win32 to lynx.cfg - JS
* add note for successful build on NeXT to INSTALLATION (Christian Jensen
  <address@hidden>)
* add checks for null return from malloc to HTInit.c, LYMainLoop.c, LYUtils.c,
  (patch by John Bley <address@hidden>)
* remove reference to 'persistent_cookies' in LYCookie.c which prevented
  compile when persistent cookies configure option was disabled (report
  by PG) - KW
* move assignment to SHELL back from WWW/Library/makefile.in to CommonMakefile,
  and revert use of $CONFIG_SHELL in configure script, since this appears to
  stop auto-configure from finding working include feature of 'make' on CLIX
  (reported by Alex Matulich) - TD