lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx Startup page (new)

From: David L. Potter
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx Startup page (new)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:02:50 -0400 (AST)

Here at Chebucto we've recently made a couple of modifications to Lynx to
allow us to use a lynxcgi script as the starting page.

The mods/problems mostly center on being able to force what I will call
'start-realm'. Without the modifications Lynx seemed to fall back to the
location of the script and look for various files (jump.html, etc.)
relative to that location...

We use Lynx as the primary bowser for dial-up users and we use the script
to create a 'custom home page' for each user. We can rotate helpdesk
tip's, and 'push' various other types of information in the general
direction of the user.

If anyone is interested we can dig out the diff's and send them along.

regards
david potter