lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev UnixWare 2.1.2 pre-compiled Binary

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: Re: lynx-dev UnixWare 2.1.2 pre-compiled Binary
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 05:20:26 -0500

Hey, Tom.

I've been working on the 2-8-1 source all night so far and when I first
configured autoconf, it could not find the slang libs. When I updated my
version of Slang to 2.2.1 (I believe), autoconf worked with no problems.

I then tried to Make and here's the interesting error I get...(I took
this screen grab after the initial error, which is why it states that
"libwww.a is up to date").

$ make
UX:make: WARNING: No suffix list.
        cd WWW/Library/unix && make CC="cc" \
                LY_CFLAGS="" \
                CPPFLAGS="/home/titus/bin/include" \
                LYFLAGS=""
UX:make: INFO: `../../Library/unix/libwww.a' is up to date.
        cd src && make all CC="cc" \
                CFLAGS="" \
                CPPFLAGS="/home/titus/bin/include" \
                LIBS="/home/titus/bin/lib   " \
                SITE_DEFS="" \
                WWWINC=WWW/Library/Implementation \
                WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a"
Compiling Lynx sources
        cd chrtrans && make \
                SITE_DEFS="" \
                CFLAGS="" \
                CPPFLAGS="/home/titus/bin/include" \
                CC="cc" tables
        cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H /home/titus/bin/include  -I.  -I..
-Ichrtrans  -I./chrtrans  -I..  -I../src
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation    -c ./LYClean.c
UX:acomp: ERROR: "./LYCurses.h", line 33: cannot find include file:
<slang.h>
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.

It's quite strange why "LYCurses.h" can not find the slang.h library
when the CPPFLAGS environment has it linked with no problem. I also have
all 3 Slang libs backed up in another directory and when I link the
Makefile to it, I get the same error as well.

Any suggestions?