lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev mouse support

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mouse support
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:11:23 -0500 (EST)

> I wish I knew what went wrong, I compiled ncurses succesfuly, but running
> the test programs I never got these to recognize the mouse. It is probably
> a problem with the options I gave initially. I had to compile
> --with-termcap --enable-getcap-cache, because when installing with
> terminfo I had the problem that borders did not appear in programs like
> "knight".

That sort of thing is usually due to ncurses having picked up a copy of
/etc/termcap (and installed it as $HOME/.terminfo), thereby masking the
real terminfo (it's in my ncurses faq - a bad design feature, but I was
outvoted).

>   To be sincere I really don't know what I am doing, so if there is
> something I could read or do in order to make it work I would appreciate
> your advice.

sure - no problem.  Check first if you've got a $HOME/.terminfo; unless
you meant to create it, remove it (I don't use that feature, and ensure
that by creating a file named $HOME/.terminfo ;-)

Past that, the most frequent problem is having built ncurses to install
as -lcurses (and the corresponding header files get confused with Solaris'
curses.h).  So I almost always configure --disable-override.

>   With respect to the request I made yesterday, I partially solved it by
> adding the lines
>
>        if (button == 1)  /* middle */
>           return LYReverseKeymap (LYK_VIEW_BOOKMARK);
>
> to LYStrings.c to the function sl_read_mouse, at line 326. I don't intend
> to redistribute the program, so I expect this won't cause any problem at
> all.

I'll see (I haven't looked closely at this week's bug/patch reports yet
since I was working on xterm).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden