lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Hotmail problem

From: Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Hotmail problem
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:41:53 -0500

] I've had this problem too, but not in every version of Lynx.

I confirm that.

]
] When I go to http://www.hotmail.com, I get the usual log-in page, and I
] enter my name and password.  I then submit it, and am asked if I accept
] my information being redirected.  Lynx 2.6 simply asks the question as
] (yes/no), while on Lynx 2.7, I choose Proceed.  When that happens,
] instead of going to my in-box, I get a "text/html, D)ownload or C)ancel"

Same thing happened recently when I had to use sailor.lib.md.us quickly to
download a Slackware rescue diskette (since I messed my computer up a bit :)
... I was rather amazed.  Lynx 2.8.1rel.2 works fine with Hotmail.

]
] However, I tried Hotmail with 2.8rel2, and it works normally--nothing
] has changed.  Note that I'm not asked about a redirection.  It seems to
] happen on its own.
]
] So whatever the problem is, it has been addressed no later than 2.8, so
] there's nothing that developers would need to do here.  Still, I'd be
] curious to know what's causing 2.6 and 2.7 not to connect...