lynx-dev

lynx-dev leaks (was: bug: print vs partial)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev leaks (was: bug: print vs partial)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:16:23 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 address@hidden wrote:
[LP:]
> > Memory leaks introduced in 2.8.1 - mostly mine.
>
> (the memory leaks are mostly of the permanent variety: memory allocated,
> reused, but not freed on exit - none have been important enough to add to
> the 2.8.1 bug fixes).

That's true for the ones concerning temp file names, but not for the ones
that were in UCGetLYhndl_byMIME() and in HTML.c.  Also not for the one
in LYPrint.c.

I strongly suspect there are non-permanent leaks in the cookie code.
I usually don't use cookies, but it would be nice if the cookie coders
could investigate.

Once again, it's really simple: configure with --enable-find-leaks, then
look at Lynx.leaks after running.

     Klaus