lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2-8-1 bug: print vs partial

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2-8-1 bug: print vs partial
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:09:59 -0500 (EST)

> This directory updated by TD, usually after some pressure from my side:
> my idea was to supply small fixes to prevent users from being forced to use
> to devXXX versions without special reason. The fixes may be
> released as 2.8.1rel3 or release devXXX as 2.8.2 in a reasonably short period
> -
> currently we have only bugfixes and gettext() support.

sort of - I've been marking the ones that I plan to put into the next bugfix
patch as 'applies to 2.8.1rel.2'.  There's a lot more than that in the devXXX
series.  I'm working on dev.8 now, which brings me up to date on the patches
that don't require further work (such as the wait-status one from this week).

> > These fixes seem to be integrated into the development code.
> > You could have found the description by looking in the development
> > source CHANGES file.
>
> > The fixe in that patch (and in the devel code) should prevent the
> > memory corruption, but it introduces a memory leak.  Here is
> > a better fix:
>
> Memory leaks introduced in 2.8.1 - mostly mine.

(the memory leaks are mostly of the permanent variety: memory allocated,
reused, but not freed on exit - none have been important enough to add to
the 2.8.1 bug fixes).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden