lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION error

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION error
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:26:47 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Henry Nelson wrote:

> > +     To add direct WAIS support, get the freeWAIS distribution from
> > +     "ftp://ftp.cnidr.org/pub/NIDR.tools/freewais";, and compile it.  The
> > compile
>
> My question is, is this URL correct?  Is there a better one?  I tried to
> connect just now, and couldn't.

Yes, this is still the correct URL. I can connect without problems.

> When you said you tested WAIS, can I assume that was Unix, or does it
> compile into the DOS version, too?

This was under unix. I've tried to get freeWAIS to compile under DOS,
but it has not yet been ported (as far as I know). I didn't spend a lot
of time trying to do the port, since there are so few wais:// sites
left.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman