lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Show Cursor Feature

From: Tom Hall
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Show Cursor Feature
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 14:51:31 -0700

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 06:31:02PM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > > Please explain in what way "show cursor" does so, and
> > > how I could activate it. I think my Lynx version is either2.72 or

I've always just typed 'o@ r<CR>' to activate this, that is, I type 'o'
to go to the option screen, the '@' to activate the "show cursor" menu,
then type <Space> to activate it, then type 'r' to go back to lynx.

I'm not sure how it helps a blind user, but I use it when I'm running my
H89 emulating a vt52 terminal. Instead of underlining, it highlights, so
I can't distinguish between links that are highlighted just because
they're links and the one that's highlighted because it's the current link.

The show_cursor lets me see which one is the current link.

Maybe your voice sythesizer has the same problem - it says "highlighted"
or shouts on all the links and you can't tell which one is current.
With show_cursor, maybe it will say "cursor"  when it scans the current link.