lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Key remapping problem

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Key remapping problem
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 03:53:59 -0500 (EST)

I wrote:

> I'm somehow lost wrt key remapping in lynx.  Looking through the
> source of LYKeymap.c, I get an impression that keymap[] goes up to
> 0x293 or some such.
>
> However, a pair
>
>   setkey "^[^[" 0x81
>   KEYMAP:0x81:LEFT_LINK
>
> works, but
>
>   setkey "^[^[" 0x210
>   KEYMAP:0x210:LEFT_LINK
>
> does not.

Doug Kaufman wrote something which I think has no relationship to the
question (he described some PDCurses and PC stuff - I'm on PC, but my
main question was portable).

Let me repeat the question: I want to map some keysequence, say, ^[^[
to some "action", say LEFT_LINK.  The current scheme is to do it in
two steps (Why?!): I need to remap the keysequence to a symbolic
name/index, and then I need to remap this name/index to the action.

My question was about a choice of the intermediate input-name/index:
to not step on any possible "standard" keyboard input, I need this
input-name/index to be above the maximal standard input-name/index,
but Lynx would not allow this (as with the example 0x210 above, 0x81
may conflict with, say, cyrillic 'b' in some codepages).

Thus we need a user area available for remapping.

Ilya