lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Textarea probls and wishes

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Textarea probls and wishes
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 01:53:17 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Esa Pikkarainen wrote:

> I use Lynx from home via 9600 modem. (Maybe I am not last one in this
> situation...) Often I have to use www services that have forms with
> textarea fields. You know these are a little uncomfortable with Lynx
> if they have many rows. Once you step to a row you can only use up
> and down to navigate and with this modem it is annoying to go through
> some 20 rows. If I use "numbered links" the situation is alittle bit
> better because I can step to a certain row but when I am there I have
> again use onlu up and down - line by line. Isn't it possible to add
> some more possibilities here? I have at least two suggestions:

The trick here is to use CTL-V from within the text area. This allows
you to use the usual lynx navigation commands. Make sure to set
keypad mode to "Form fields and links are numbered" rather than just
to "Links are numbered" in your option menu (save to .lynxrc). The
question of an editor for the textarea in forms has been brought up
before, but is waiting for someone to submit a solution.
                              Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)