lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev on caching (long)

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev on caching (long)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 22:40:09 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough address@hidden said:
> > Well, I am highly impressed with libwww 5.2,
> > it was completely rewritten and now the code clean and well documented
>
> otoh, using it would require rewriting large chunks of lynx - since
> lynx and the libwww have diverged.

But, haven't you expressed interest in doing this?

For some reason, I'm reminded of the api changes done with the various
versions of the IJG's jpeg library.

It was nasty, but in the end, application writers did bite the bullet and
made the migration.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all