lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2dev.5 still problems

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2dev.5 still problems
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:54:01 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Sat Nov 21 10:50:27 1998
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2dev.5 still problems
>
> > I just built the latest changes in dev.5 and still see the HTSprintf bug .
>
> hmm.  I'll need more information - I ran the SunOS version for about an
> hour yesterday and saw no problem (nor did Purify).  So it's not likely
> to be the varargs/stdarg difference.  More along the lines of 'I did this,
> and then that'.
>
> > Platform: SPARC Solaris 2.6 Sun compiler -Xc flag.  I can send along
> > the config flags, the output from configure and the make and I can
> > run tests for someone.
> <snip>

Re my just prior re-gcc request, I use 2.5.1 solaris, not 2.6.

Larry, if you're up to it, maybe you control some systems that still
have 2.5.1, you could also give a try on.

I keep seeing on eg comp.unix.solaris and other places
(emacs maybe) about problems on 2.6 that are not on 2.5.1.

So maybe what you (Larry) do to make it work on 2.6 makes it NOT work
on 2.5.1?  (I really know nothing about this, but do see
complaints about software, maybe just emacs, giving problems
on 2.6?)

David