lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev re: why have --datadir=DIR if you can't use it?

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev re: why have --datadir=DIR if you can't use it?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:41:55 -0500 (EST)

> >     * Subject: lynx-dev why have --datadir=DIR if you can't use it?
> >     * From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>
> >     * Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:21:42 +0900 (JST)
> >Pretty please?! (for the third time):
> >
> >  ## Where your locale data is
> >! # datadir = @datadir@
> >! datadir = /usr/local/share
> >! localedir = $(datadir)/locale
>
> For the record, I left this as a fixed value because I was unable to
> figure out how to pass a configure value from the top-level down to
> the correct place. Believe me, I tried. Perhaps now that others have
> seen the code they can suggest how this value can be configured and
> over-ridden. Apparently it works in the reference "hello" program but
> that has a different top-level configure script and makefile.

I modified that so that it uses the values that the chunk of autoconf
script which comes with gettext uses - that's done in src/makefile.in

Henry's change to ./makefile.in has no effect since the parameter
is not carried down to src - and it's not really good to do that with
makefile assignments since there's so many things it could be done
for & will rapidly become unusable.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden