lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Request for Comment: partial display and refresh

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Request for Comment: partial display and refresh
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:56:25 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 address@hidden wrote:
[LWV:]
> > In many cases, lynx loads things so quickly that the refresh occurs
> > almost as fast as the initial load occurs - causing the screen to
> > 'blink'.
> >
> > I would rather not see that blink if necessary.
>
> nor I (we discussed this in September - I saw it around the same time you
> reported it).  But it's one of several bugs to look at.  At the moment I'm
> trying to catch up on submitted patches so I can leave town for a few days.

The second call to display_page() could be skipped if and only if the
following is true: when display_page() was called before, during
incremental rendering, it was called for the same range of lines and
HText_trimHightext() had been done.

But I don't understand why the screen repaints even if display_page()
is called again: there are refresh() calls, but they shouldn't result
in a complete redraw unless clearok() or clear() have been called,
or erase() and then refresh(), and I don't see where that happens.

   Klaus