lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "L"-page: PLEASE add "titles" too

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "L"-page: PLEASE add "titles" too
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 05:11:28 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, David Combs wrote:
> > From address@hidden Sun Nov 15 10:17:21 1998
> >
> > On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, David Combs wrote:
> >
> > > How much of a pain would it be for the parser to grab the
> > > "title" associated with the www-addr that lynx goes-to,
> > > and on the "L"-page, to display that title out to the
> > > right?
> >
> > Lynx ALREADY shows the title on the List page, instead of the
> > address -- if it knows the title.
>
> But I don't want JUST the title -- in fact, EACH line should
> have the address.
>
> (It is the ADDRESS that is important for THIS page, the L-page)
>
> What I want is BOTH of them, on the SAME line: addr first, then title
> (or vice versa, I gess that would be ok?).

Ok, it wasn't clear to me before what you wanted.  So you want something
that looks like the history page?

> I'm saying that an option to have BOTH would be a real win.

You can't have the title unless lynx already has already seen it recently.
(In the same session.  Unless someone adds a "permanent history list".)
So some entries could have tho lines, and others one line.

> QUESTION: does ANYONE ELSE think they'd find this useful?

Personally, I don't. :)
I just haven't missed it. And it means that less links fit on one page.
So I won't make a patch for it.  But if you can convince someone else,
it shouldn't be too difficult to change LYList.c to do what you want
(since the function calls to get the title and addres are already there).

   Klaus