lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx bookmarks bug?

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx bookmarks bug?
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 23:11:21 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Jeffrey S. Farmer wrote:

> On my lynx bookmarks page (version 2.8rel2, SCRI-net version 2.2 beta), r,
> y was not removing the highlighted link, but the link immediately
> preceding it.
>
> This was happening only with higher numbered (more recent, lower on the
> page) links. I narrowed the problem down to this link:
>
> <LI><a href="http://www.poets.org/faq.htm#poetsmarket";> </a>
                                                         ^
It's because that link has no name and lynx doesn't "see" it as a link. For
example, with a link like that as "link 3" lynx would display

 * link 1
 * link 2
 *
 * link 4
 * link 5

When you move your cursor down from "link 2" it moves to "link 4" because
"link 3" is not "seen" by lynx. For the same reasons, if you try to remove
"link 5", "link 4" will be removed instead.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |