lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev -cookie_file problem

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -cookie_file problem
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:52:10 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough brian j. pardy said:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> > Currently, cookie file stored in .lynxrc when you save
> > from the Options menu (automatically).
> >
> > I feel command line switches (if any) should override
> > values from .lynxrc to give user more flexibility.
> > Currently not:
> > in LYMain.c read_rc() at line 1380,
> > but parse_arg() in lines 608, 1349, 1362.
> Unless there's some other reason to keep things as they are, I agree.

If an option is overridden by the command line, then user goes into the
options menu and saves it, will the value from the command line switch be
the new default?

What should the semantics behind this be?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all