lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx bookmarks bug?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx bookmarks bug?
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:05:11 -0500 (EST)

981105 Jeffrey Farmer wrote:
> Dear lynx developer:

it's actually an international team of volunteers.

> On my lynx bookmarks page (version 2.8rel2, SCRI-net version 2.2 beta),
> r, y was not removing the highlighted link,
> but the link immediately preceding it.

this is a well-known bug with the bookmark page,
which is rather sensitive to any editing.
you should use an ordinary editor to delete a bookmark entry
& make changes within URLs or bookmark titles.
it's a good idea to keep a backup copy of your bookmark file too.

Lynx 2-8-1rel.2 is now out, improving on 2-8 in several ways (not bookmarks):
get it from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ .