lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx281rel1 sysV68 success report

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx281rel1 sysV68 success report
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 06:35:26 -0500 (EST)

> Thanks for having integrated my LYUtils.c/TERMIO_AND_CURSES patch into lynx.
>
> lynx-2.8.1.rel1 now compiles out of the box on sysV68 R3V7.1

good.  I've built on VMS (Alpha: temporary account), Linux, Solaris and OS/2.

It would be nice to have binaries for VMS, both for the normal distribution
as well as for the VMS freeware cdrom.  (The biggest problem aside from
permissions for VMS, though, is that afaik there are several network libraries
which may be linked, and the end user may not have the runtime support).

This week I'll do test builds on FreeBSD, Digital Unix 3.2, 4.0, SunOS 4.1.3,
IRIX 6.2 and CLIX.  I did all of those during the past month and don't
expect a problem.  (I don't have HPUX or AIX anymore, and don't know about
the SCO box).  Except for FreeBSD, those are all on someone else's machine,
so I cannot distribute those binaries.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden