lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Finale? as far as I am concerned...

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Finale? as far as I am concerned...
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:32:04 -0400 (EDT)

> Okay, after a dozen or so configure/compile combinations, I have found that
> if I build lynx without ncurses (either the ncurses library OR
> include/library directory) on my UltraSPARC Solaris 2.6 system or
> my regular SPARC Solaris 2.5.1 system, the lynx that is created displays
> fine.  As soon as I add ncurses, I get the weird advanced mode URL damaged
> display of periods.
>
> That doesn't prove it's an ncurses problem - perhaps it is a lynx code
> problem in code that only gets #ifdef'd with ncurses.
>
> Anyways, I 'quit' trying.  I just won't use ncurses with lynx any longer
> and that should take care of that problem.  I will now run with this
> version of lynx for a while to see if the other problems resurface.

I use lynx (and tin and ded) with ncurses and haven't seen the problem.

(Perhaps it's a problem with the build environment, or one of the recent
patches to ncurses - which I can test ;-).  I build both flavors, but only
install the ncurses version since the Solaris version doesn't do default
colors.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden