lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev status

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev status
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 07:19:03 -0400 (EDT)

From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>

> i'll try again: i have created a simple reformatting of the Main Help Page
> -- goto  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/helpmain.html  -- ,
> on which i have so far had no feedback: i believe it's easier to follow,

I would prefer to see a different sort order in the list of HTML docs.
I also would prefer to see an explanation to the user why they would want
to visit Lynx Links, Lynxstuff, and the Spyglass site.

I have some concerns about showing as the primary Lynx FAQ a site which
says:
 I do NOT want to just let this fade away, but unless someone can help add
   to this, it is very likely to happen.

On a different issue:

On the help page is a pointer to help on URLs.  On that page is an
Index of URI Schemes (link 88).  From browsing that scheme, it appears
the author of the page is attempting to create an exhaustive catalog of
uri like names.  However, the lynxcgi, etc. schemes are not listed.

Perhaps someone should drop a line to http://www.w3.org/Addressing/#discussion
to mention the ones supported by lynx?
<URL:http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."