lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.11

From: dickey
Subject: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.11
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 17:28:12 -0400 (EDT)

Unless someone comes up with a serious bug (or failure to build, e.g., on
VMS), I think we're ready to freeze the code.

1998-10-17 (2.8.1pre.11)
* add dependency on cfg_defs.h to src/makefile.in for LYShowInfo.o
  (address@hidden)
* modify add_item_to_list() so that if the restriction flag is omitted from
  a download/upload/extern line in lynx.cfg, it is assumed true.  Also check
  for null command string in LYExtern.c (bug report by HN) - TD
* modify logic in forms-options menu so that assume_char_set now works
  correctly for any LYRawMode value by synchronizing gen_options() and
  postoptions() via rawmode memory - LP
* correct ifdef'ing in LYShowInfo.c for non-Unix platforms - LP
* modify waitpid logic in nsl-fork support to handle a case where the child
  process exits without reporting anything (reported by Serge Munhoven) - BL
* small updates to lynx_help files and other documentation (BJP, PW, LV).
* add #define's for later work to simplify configuring the maximum number
  of cookies (suggested by BJP) - TD
* flush output in makeuctb, to fix build problems on systems that do not
  implement POSIX 'exit()' call -- including Digital Unix 4.0 (reported by
  Serge Munhoven <address@hidden>) - TD
* put GOTOBUFFER, JUMPBUFFER and QUIT_DEFAULT_YES back the way they used to be
  (majority decision) - TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden