lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8 bug(2)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.8 bug(2)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 12:25:23 -0400 (EDT)

981005 i reported:
> (1) 2-8pre.2 saves the rc file on top of an existing rc file;
> (2) 2-8-1pre.6 saves the rc file if there isn't one already there;
> (3) 2-8-1pre.6 refuses to save the rc file if it already exists.
> i have tried recompiling without  --enable-forms-options

unfortunately, i didn't  make distclean  (more below ... ):
when i did, i got the advertised toggle of form/menu,
but NEITHER of them would save my change (i made  1  simple change to test).
this is in clear contrast to 2-8pre.2, whose menu DOES save changes.
2-8-1pre.6 simply refuses to save  .lynxrc  iff it already exists.

> TD offered: did you try  --disable-forms-options ?

i didn't see that in the configure --help list, only  --enable ,
but it's not the problem here (i raised another query about it separately).

as for  make distclean  ...

isn't it dumb'n'stupid that configure takes SWITCH values from CACHE ??
i had to wait c 15 minutes while the whole process started from scratch
simply to drop the one switch for configure: can't this be improved?

(big smile for TD's continuing labors)