lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Cookie problems?

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookie problems?
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 13:24:05 +0100 (BST)

> Probably we may add the code to made multiple lynxes accessing the cookies
> in a right way just now, rather easy.  Let we have two aux files

Ugh, then you get into all sorts of file-locking horribleness that leads
to the kind of race condition possibilities that the tmp files had a while
back.  Personally, I prefer to stay as far away from hacked-up lockfile
solutions as possible.  I'm going for the gdbm/db solution, personally.

--
rob partington    personal: <URL: mailto:address@hidden >
  programmer     lynx mail: <URL: mailto:address@hidden >