lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Apple //c+ and arrow keys

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Apple //c+ and arrow keys
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:39:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Ulrich Hausmann wrote:
>Using Lynx 2.8 from a shell, I'm having problems with an Apple //c+. The
>arrow keys only work as expected when I hold down the option key (for
>those of you familiar with the Apple II, the Solid-Apple key). Otherwise
>all arrow keys activate the actual link.

What terminal emulator program are you using?

I am using ProTERM on my GS, and am using the vt100 emulator (actually, I
remember it was a slightly updated vt100, but the 'updatings' had nothing to
do with key commands.. The updating had to do with better flow control handling
at high speed if I remember correctly)...

Anyway, it behaves as designed for me.  I am guessing it is on your terminal
program's side.

BTW, ProTERM continues to be sold..  www.intrec.com, and/or there are a few
mail order places still around.  No, I'm not making any money off of this,
it's just *by far* my favorite term program [I'm counting telnet programs in
on this]..  I just wish the Mac version were actually a duplication of the Apple
II version and I'd use it on this Mac at work.

>I have the (O)ptions set to display:VT100, cursor: on. Moreover, but I think
>that's a problem of the guys of my ISP, the links are highlighted and
>not underlined (as I'd prefer).

Umm, you're on an Apple II, in text mode I presume (or else you're running
at a VERY VERY slow speed with a graphics-based terminal emulator).  There is
no such thing as underlined text (in true text mode) on an Apple II.