lynx-dev

lynx-dev problem executing by anonymous user

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: lynx-dev problem executing by anonymous user
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:52:12 +0900 (JST)

> Subject: Re: lynx-dev Behavior of NNTPSERVER parameter changed?
[changed the subject ...]
> > Did you have any luck pinning down the problem I'm having with
> > executing in anonymous mode.  If you don't see the problem, I'll
>
> no - I setup on my home machine an account that I can test; I stripped
> all of the environment variables out (except PATH, PS1, PS2) and it
> ran properly (prompted for the terminal type).
>
> So I need more information - what library you're configuring with (I

Solaris 2.6 (SunOS 5.6 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-4)
gcc version 2.7.2.3
slang1.0.3

ANONYMOUS_USER is defined in userdefs.h at compile time, and one logs
in via telnet with that login name.  Symptom is that the user is not
prompted for the terminal type, and just "sits" with a blinking cursor
right under the echoed message, which normally immediately precedes the
prompt "Your terminal type is unknown ...". A regular login-account user
can use the same image without problems.

The captive-account user is given an sh script which sets various
environment variables and terminal settings, and then executes lynx:
LANG=japanese
stty cs8 icanon -istrip -parenb erase '^H'
setterm -x SJIS
TERMINFO=/usr/local/share/terminfo
TERM=unknown
LYNX_CFG=/home/lynx/lynx.cfg
restrict="-restrictions=download,disk_save,multibook,news_post,mail -nocc"
exec /usr/local/bin/lynx -anonymous -cfg=/home/lynx/lynx.cfg $restrict

lynx.cfg is appended in it's entirety.  The SAVE_SPACE setting is
probably out-of-the-ordinary.

__Henry

STARTFILE:file://localhost/home/lynx/main.html
HELPFILE:file://localhost/home/lynx/hjpn.html.gz
DEFAULT_INDEX_FILE:file://localhost/home/lynx/seek.html
DEFAULT_USER_MODE:ADVANCED
DEFAULT_BOOKMARK_FILE:book.html
DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE_IS_NUMBERS_AS_ARROWS:FALSE
SAVE_SPACE:/dev/null
NEWS_POSTING:FALSE
MULTI_BOOKMARK_SUPPORT:FALSE
BLOCK_MULTI_BOOKMARKS:TRUE
DOWNLOADER:View a text or binary file with Most:/usr/local/bin/most %s:TRUE
NO_FORCED_CORE_DUMP:TRUE
COLOR:0:green:black
COLOR:1:cyan:black
COLOR:2:brown:blue